Camphill Village Trust is a leading, long established and progressive UK charity supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism, mental health problems and other complex support needs.
The Trust has been through significant changes in recent years and we are seeking a new Trustee to join our progressive Board and help us further strengthen our governance and deliver our recently refreshed strategy.
We are seeking interest for potential Trustees with specific skills and experience in the areas of
• Social Enterprise / Retail
• Digital Communication
Experience within the charitable and social care sectors may be beneficial but not a pre-requisite requirement.
The role of Trustee
The primary role of our Trustees is to work constructively with other board members and staff to support the good governance of the charity, ensuring that the purpose of the charity is fulfilled and the charity is well managed and financially viable and working within the requirements of the law, regulation and its funders.
Key tasks include:
• Ensure the purpose and long-term strategic direction of the charity is developed, shared and regularly reviewed
• Ensure effective management structures, staff, business plans, budgets and resources are in place to support the work of the charity
• Ensure risk and performance is monitored and managed through effective systems of internal review and delegation
• Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and regularly reviewed
• Ensure that the charity functions within the relevant legal and financial requirements and strives to achieve best practice
• Ensure that the board has the appropriate skills and experience and its working practices deliver good governance for the charity
Key expectations include:
• Support the vision, mission and values of the charity and take Trustees’ duties and good governance seriously
• Devote sufficient time and energy to the effective governance of the charity, reading the papers for meetings, attending board meetings and where relevant sub-committees / forums
• Attend briefing / training sessions and behave in accordance with any relevant policies
• Contribute to the decisions of the Board using your skills and experience and share responsibility for all the decisions of the Board, working to deliver good governance in practice
• Register all interests in the register of interest and declare any potential conflict of interest
• Represent the charity positively to external audiences
In addition to the above statutory duties, each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions.
The full brief, including background into the charity, current activities and the existing Board of Trustees can be found using the following link: https://www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/join-our-team/were-looking-for-a-new-trustee/
For a confidential conversation please contact our retained consultant Anna Jay at Public Leaders Appointments: email@example.com
or 07904 236348.
The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 18th September and final interviews will be held in Derby on Tuesday 1st October.