TRUSTEE Position at Better Pathways (formerly BITAPAthways)
Closes: 26 February 2018
Posted: 28 November 2017
Back to results
Birmingham, West-Midlands, West Midlands
We are a mental health Charity working in Birmingham and surrounding areas for over 50 years. We help people with mental health problems find jobs with local employers as well as providing opportunities for work and volunteering in the 4 commercial enterprises that we run.
We are looking for 2 volunteer Trustees to join our Board and help to develop and realise our strategy.
The main responsibilities of a Trustee are:
To set and maintain vision, mission and values
- To develop long term strategy
- To establish and monitor policies and procedures
- To ensure compliance with the charity’s governing document
- To ensure accountability to and effective communication with our stake holders
- To ensure the charity’s activities are legally compliant
- To maintain proper fiscal oversight
- To manage and support the CEO
- To respect the role of staff
- To maintain effective Board performance
- To promote and protect the reputation of the charity
We are looking for Trustees with integrity, commitment and energy who have skills in any of the following areas: business development, public relations, grant and corporate fundraising and social media marketing, buildings and estates. A knowledge of local employers would be valuable.
We encourage applications from individuals with strong links to Birmingham and members of BAME communities. Interest in or experience of mental illness either personally or in a relative or friend would be desirable but not essential. New Trustees receive an induction and training is available. The posts are unpaid but expenses can be claimed
Time Commitment: Quarterly Board Meetings (c. 3hours duration) and sub-committee meetings (2 hours). There will also be papers to read and on occasions Trustees give time to particular projects. Meetings take place in our offices in Digbeth
Further Information from the Chair, Dr. Dermot McGovern or CEO, Liz Armstrong