Back to results
40,000 - £50,000 (based on experience)
Based in City and Islington College Camden Road Centre , with regular meetings at ELBA’s offices in Crossharbour.
Permanent. The programme is subject to three year funding renewal.
To lead and manage the BIG Alliance (Businesses for Islington Giving) team in its delivery of business, community and education initiatives. Responsible for building effective partnerships with businesses, funders, stakeholders and community organisations and accountable for delivery of programme targets and budgets whilst maintaining quality standards. Leading the development of future strategy for the BIG Alliance, working closely with senior leaders in ELBA, Islington Giving, Macquarie Group and other stakeholders.
Reports to: ELBA Chief Executive
Manages: Team of five
Location: Based in City and Islington College Camden Road Centre , with regular meetings at ELBA’s offices in Crossharbour.
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 (based on experience)
Term: Permanent. The programme is subject to three year funding renewal.
1. To identify, develop and oversee delivery of education and community programmes ensuring that both voluntary and community organisations and young people benefit from the skilled support of business members. To take responsibility for ensuring that all KPIs are met and that the programmes delivered continue to align with the borough’s needs and Islington Giving’s aims.
2. To create and sustain close relationships with all BIG Alliance business members and key stakeholders, securing their commitment to the BIG Alliance. To network and provide opportunities for the work of BIG Alliance and its businesses to be communicated externally.
3. To maintain close working relationships with the main programme funders, providing regular reports and working with them and ELBA senior leaders on the cyclical funding renewal.
4. To manage the BIG Alliance Forum and Reference Group, ensuring that BIG Alliance positions itself as a thought leader in the borough and capitalises on the collective impact of its members and stakeholders.
5. To lead and be accountable for maintenance of quality standards recording of data and satisfying evidence requirements, ensuring compliance against contractual requirements and showing the impact of the work of BIG Alliance.
6. To explore, develop and implement new approaches to engage SMEs and Business Improvement Districts, alongside widening the business membership and investigating funding sources and bid writing.
7. To lead and manage the BIG Alliance team members, meeting ELBA’s required standards for management and ensuring the team have clear direction and targets and are supported to develop their skills and give the best of themselves.
The post holder will be expected to meet and work with other colleagues across the ELBA team.
1. Knowledge and experience of corporate businesses, preferably of their community investment and employee volunteering programmes.
2. An understanding of the needs of voluntary and community sector, including key local and national organisations and bodies.
3. Experience of programme management including the ability to manage and track multiple projects, and support others with project management techniques.
4. Excellent people management and effective leadership skills with the ability to influence at a high level and manage a team effectively.
5. Evidence of track record in strategy development and innovation. Ability to provide strategic leadership for the BIG Alliance’s work in the borough.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Experience of sourcing and securing income, including bid writing.
8. Willingness to get involved and see opportunities to work collaboratively.
How to apply
Please complete the on-line ELBA application form and include a detailed personal statement setting out how you meet the person specification set out above.
The deadline for applications is 19th November 2018. Please email completed application forms directly to Holly Albrow- email@example.com
1st Interviews to take place on 6th December in London