Overcoming MS is a small, yet rapidly growing and dynamic charity bringing a fresh approach to the multiple sclerosis community in the UK and around the world. We raise awareness of a progressive, evidence-based approach to the management of multiple sclerosis symptoms and provide tangible support to those diagnosed with this condition.
This role offers exciting opportunities to define the organisation’s high value partnerships fundraising programme and take a leadership role in developing the overall fundraising function in the UK and beyond.
We seek a confident, skilled, professional fundraiser with a proven track record to develop and lead on a new strategy for cultivating and managing high value relationships and partnerships with individuals and corporates. In addition, we anticipate that this person will also have the skillset, experience and personality to develop our overall fundraising function, recruiting and leading a team to create a highly proficient and professional framework for fundraising growth over the coming years.
Key Responsibilities for the Head of Philanthropy role include:
• Develop and lead on a new strategy for high-value giving and partnerships from medium and high-value individuals and corporates
• Develop a corporate partnerships strategy in line with Overcoming MS’s corporate giving policy
• Develop the overall fundraising function within OMS, working with the CEO to recruit staff and create new revenue streams, capitalising on our unique culture and high levels of community engagement
• Work with partners in the USA to help devise a wider fundraising strategy to engage USA markets
• Annual setting of KPI’s and reporting against targets, adapting approaches as required to deliver progress
• Promotion of legacies to supporters wherever appropriate
• Work closely with the CEO and Board of Trustees to develop existing prospects and relationships and lead on a supporter stewardship plan for high value relationships
• Manage relationships with donors and partners, delivering excellent supporter care and reporting back on impact achieved
The successful candidate for the Head of Philanthropy role will be highly organised with a broad and dynamic skillset and the appetite to run with a new opportunity.
You’ll be joining a growing and entrepreneurial team that seeks to support and empower those with MS. It is important that you feel comfortable working within the ethos and sprit of our community. Key values that would most readily support this role, include:
• Collaborative – Proactive member of the OMS team, willing to share expertise and offer support to other teams for the benefit of the organisation as a whole
• Personable – Proactive approach to developing honest relationships with individuals, including supporters, donors, beneficiaries and partners
• Effective and Efficient – Results-driven and self motivated to achieve best possible outcomes through best practice and continuous development
We anticipate that the person who is the perfect fit for this exciting role will have:
• A proven track-record of obtaining significant gifts from high value donors
• Exceptional relationship building skills
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Experience of recruiting and managing fundraising teams
You will be joining us at a pivotal time in our growth and enjoy committed, enthusiastic and experienced colleagues. We offer satisfying work in a team-oriented environment.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV with a separate covering letter to email@example.com
. A job description is available on request.