Back to results
Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis (OMS) Our client is a young, unique and dynamic charity bringing fresh hope to the MS community in the UK and around the world. From our Head Office in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire we raise awareness of a well-established, evidence-based approach to the management of MS symptoms and provide tangible support to those diagnosed with this condition.
There is currently an excellent opportunity for a Digital Content Manager to join our team on a full time basis.
As a Digital Content Manager, you will help to develop our digital marketing and communications offering to a global community of people with multiple sclerosis that is growing rapidly. The right candidate will make the role their own and get fully involved in the development of the website and social media platforms, bringing our charity to new audiences around the world. This is an exciting time as we have recently commissioned the build of a new website, due in December2018.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Managing and provisioning all content for the new website and managing a wide array of current and future technical projects to further develop the website
• Working closely with our external web development partner to grow the website, increase traffic, develop technical improvements and manage expectations from all stakeholders
• Creating content and posting/managing social media platforms
• Playing a key role in raising awareness of the work of the charity
• Contributing to the organisation’s successful overall performance through the management and development of internet-based communications and content, which are key information tools
• Acting as a web-based ambassador for the charity, reaching and attaining new members, stir discussion and drive traffic to the website and social media platforms
• Managing a team of forum moderators, ensuring that they are providing top quality, empathetic, safe use of the forum facilities
For the Digital Content Manager role, you will need to be a team player with a positive attitude and a well-developed set of skills and be able to demonstrate these. Ideally you will understand the 'not-for-profit' world and/or be able to adapt to it quickly. Your key personal qualities are energy and enthusiasm, empathy and the ability to communicate well with everyone both in writing and in person. An interest in nutrition and healthy lifestyles would be a distinct advantage.
Adaptability and a passion for people from all walks of life and cultures would be an attractive combination. You will be joining our team at a pivotal time in the charity's growth and enjoy committed, enthusiastic and experienced colleagues. We offer satisfying work in a team-oriented environment.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
• Proven experience of managing on-line communications, specifically developing, implementing and maintaining content for websites and social media sites
• Proven experience of creating and editing copy for internal and external websites in a complex organisation
• Previous experience of using a website content management system, and applying understanding of the technical side of on-line communications including basic HTML
• Email marketing experience using Mailchimp or similar software
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube marketing experience
• Experience using Google Analytics to monitor web performance
• Experience running paid advertising campaigns through Google Adwords
• Familiarity with GDPR and the importance of data protection and handling
• Understanding of how to optimise web content for SEO
Are you the Digital Content Manager that we are looking for based in Haddenham?
If YES, then please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you have any questions please telephone us on (01844) 318778.